In a day and age where everyone is counting their calories, and watching what they eat people sometimes overlook nuts as a healthy snack because of their high-calorie count. However, nuts are a valuable source of nutrients and vitamins.
One of our favorite snacks you ask? Of course, it has to be pistachios. Pistachios have 160 calories in one ounce. They give us some healthy fats for our bodies to function properly. Pistachios contain excellent sources of vitamin B6, fiber, thiamine, and phosphorus. Other amazing health benefits include:
- The B6 vitamin has been a part of multiple studies showing results of reduced chances of heart disease. Another great benefit of the B6 vitamin is the positive effects it creates for metabolism.
- Fiber, its notorious reputation is actual what fiber does best. Yes, fiber is your bowel’s best friend. It helps control blood sugar and also aids in making your body feel fuller keeping you from overeating.
- Thiamin is also known as vitamin B1. Converts carbs into energy. It is a significant vitamin for the heart, muscles and nervous system to function properly and to their full potential.
- Phosphorus aids in the formation of bones and teeth (important for growing kids!). It plays a key role that is necessary for our bodies to store energy.
- Pistachios have healthy antioxidants. Basically is contains substances that fight off unwanted molecules while breaking down food. Go ahead and grab a handful and feel good about yourself!